If you are a dog lover, or if you think it is cool to have a dog in your home and you think that it is a god hobby to raise dogs, then you should first equip yourself with knowledge about dogs. That is right as you need to take care of it. Once it is recorded as your own, you have now the full responsibility of it. Of course you will not be jailed if it will die because of neglect but then again, it will be in your conscience for being ignorant about dogs.
Though dogs are just an animal, still it has a life thus humans should also be good in taking care of their own dogs. As much as possible, you should have it undergo residential dog training from a pro. You will be the one to benefit the results anyway. But first of all, before you will get your own dog, you might first check out below to learn more about dogs:
- You might get scare when a dog pants bit it is its way to expel its body heat. This is its primary method in regulating the temperature of its body. It is not really as if it is about to jump on you. In fact, it is also its way to deal with its pain. So, if your dog is panting, check its body as maybe there is a wound somewhere.
- The primary reason why a dog barks is to signal that there it senses danger. This is their way of communication thus you should not ignore a dog barking especially at night. It might be able to save your life.
- When a dog is constantly chewing, there is a good chance that a new set of teeth is growing just like what your child will do when a new tooth is also growing. However, if this does not apply to your dog anymore because it is already full grown and still you find that your sofa is ripped to shreds, this could be because of separation anxiety. You should ask the pros how to deal with this.
- Digging is another activity you might find that your dog is fond of doing. Note that it is natural for dogs to dig like this is their way to hide and at the same time, uncover foods.
- Jumping up might be perceived as a greeting of the dog but it is not really. Instead, it is his way of showing his dominance to you. If you will encourage this action thinking that this is because of affection, it would be like you are reinforcing it behavior.
There are still a lot of things that dogs do naturally and you might not right get what they are trying to do. Thus to ensure that you understand the dog’s every action, hire a pro to train it and at the same time, to learn from him about dogs in general or about your breed of dog.
Author Bio – Tom Mckoy is adog behaviorist and dog lover. Because of his love for dogs, he educate himself about dogs and their behaviors and he is aware how important for a dog owner to have a dog that is trained for obedience.